The Times of Israel: “It promises full diplomatic ties with the Muslim world, including Iran. It’s the ‘best idea ever,’ says an ex-Likud minister. So why does the government reject the Arab world’s ostensible path to peace?”
Opinion: Five reasons:
1. Because the proposal is a lie. The minute Israel accepts a two-state solution, a violation of Joel 3:1-2 and Daniel 11:39, the next demand will be the right of return, the term used for first-generation refugees and their descendants, to recover the property they or their ancestors left after the 1919 collapse of the Ottoman Empire. These are the same refugees who turned down a two-state solution in 1947 and chose war instead.
In contrast with Israel’s Jewish population of 6 million, the right of return of 12 million Palestinians and their descendants would totally eliminate the Jewish majority and completely obliterate Israel as a Jewish state. The Palestinian negotiators are clear that they will never accept peace without the right of return. Peace without Israel is the hidden agenda.
2. Mahmoud Abbas is a terrorist who was deputy to the father of modern-day terrorism, Yasser Arafat. Abbas is connected to the Munich massacre as well as every other atrocity that Arafat could dream up, including the systematic destruction of the Madrid peace conference and the ill-fated Oslo accords of the mid 90’s.
3. Abbas has steadfastly refused to acknowledge Israel’s right to exist.
4. With the Gaza land for peace debacle as a model, the return of the Palestinian people brought a terror government (Hamas) to power.
5. Even with land swaps, the nation of Israel would render itself indefensible with a return to the ’67 borders.
Once upon a time, the world’s conventional wisdom was that nations should never negotiate with terrorists.
But not anymore, it seems …