- The government is spying on essentially everything we do. It is not just “metadata” … although that is enough to destroy your privacy.
- The government has adopted a secret interpretation of the Patriot Act which allows it to pretend that “everything” is relevant … so it spies on everyone. For example, the NSA “oversight” court believes the mere claim that terrorists use the phone system is enough to show that all phone records are relevant.
- NSA whistleblowers say that the NSA collects all of our conversations word-for-word.
- It’s not just the NSA … Many other agencies, like the FBI and IRS – concerned only with domestic issues – spy on Americans as well. The Drug Enforcement Administration has had direct access to AT&T phone records for 25 years.
- The information gained through spying is shared with federal, state and local agencies, and they are using that information to prosecute petty crimes such as drugs and taxes. The agencies are instructed to intentionally “launder” the information gained through spying, i.e. to pretend that they got the information in a more legitimate way … and to hide that from defense attorneys and judges.
Opinion: Whoa, Nellie! That’s only 5 really alarming items out of more than 50 in the article. All this with only 9 months into the second ‘hope and change’ presidency. I take a pause to welcome the spy agencies looking at our site right now; hope you folks like the Bible ’cause here we go:
Global government as described in Daniel 7:24 will completely eclipse any concept of socialism/communism that we Americans have imagined. Actually, many Arab nations are better suited to a total government-run state than most others on earth.
Daniel’s description is that “The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom (global government) that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it.”
We know from Revelation 13:6 that the future government of anti-Christ will control even the ability to buy and sell, but what’s daunting is that the penalty for not accepting the mark is a really frightful death (Revelation 20:4).
Here’s my point. It doesn’t have to happen to you or anyone you know. A pardon has been provided, and all we have to do is accept it, and you will be kept from the tribulation period (Revelation 3:10).
In one of our most read Sunday Posts, our editor compiled the true story of George Wilson. George was a criminal in the 1800’s and was sentenced to death. President Andrew Jackson, after reviewing a petition for clemency, issued a full pardon.
George Wilson refused the pardon and the case went to the Supreme Court.
Our post, called The Kinsman Redeemer tells the story.