USA Today: “The Pentagon plans to announce the repeal of its ban on transgender service members July 1, a controversial decision that would end nearly a year of internal wrangling among the services on how to allow those troops to serve openly, according to Defense officials.
Top personnel officials plan to meet as early as Monday to finalize details of the plan, and Deputy Defense Secretary Bob Work could sign off on it by Wednesday, according to a Defense official familiar with the timetable but who spoke on condition of anonymity because officials were not authorized to speak publicly about it. Final approval would come from Defense Secretary, and the announcement will be on the eve of the Fourth of July weekend.
The plan would direct each branch of the armed services over a one-year period to implement new policies affecting recruiting, housing and uniforms for transgender troops, one official said.”
Opinion: The breakdown of the United States military is underway and it began under George W. Bush …
- December 1, 2005 Washington Times: “Navy Chaplain told to shy away from praying in Jesus’ name”
- January 12, 2007 World Net Daily: “Navy dismisses Chaplain who prayed in Jesus’ name”
- September 20, 2011 The Guardian: “US Military lifts ban on openly gay troops”
- October 23, 2013 The Blaze: “Obama purges 100 military commanders”
- September 18, 2015: CNN News: “Obama nominates openly gay man to lead Army”
- April 15, 2015 Washington Times: “US military hostile to Christians under Obama”
- December 4, 2015: “Obama Pentagon allows women in combat”
- July 1, 2016 USA Today: “Ban on Transgender troops to be lifted”
… and is being completed under Barack Obama.