AP News: The Islamic State claimed responsibility after one police officer was killed in a rare exchange of gunfire on the famed Champs-Elysees in central Paris just days before a critical presidential election.
Two other officers were seriously wounded in the attack in the popular tourist area in central Paris. The gunman was killed by police.
The Islamic State identified the attacker as Abu Yusuf al-Beljiki through its Amaq news agency, according to SITE Intel Group, a U.S.-based organization that monitors terrorists’ activity online.
French President Francois Hollande said he is convinced the circumstances of the Paris shooting points to terrorist act, the Associated Press reported. more …
Opinion: Beginning March 20 we posted the days of Aggression twice. The last was on April 15, the same day that the US dropped the Mother Of All Bombs on ISIS in Afghanistan.
“The transition (natural year – transition from darkness to sunlight) from winter to spring begins March 20. In ancient Rome, the festival of Mars (March) the god of war, was celebrated, and that period from March 20-April 20 (Hitler’s birthday/Muhammad’s birthday) has seen numerous tumultuous events.
In addition to historic events such as the start of the Revolutionary War (April 19, 1775), the Civil War (April 12, 1861), the period of March 20-April 20th has seen its share of world changing events since 1983.”
- Terrorist bombing of American Embassy in Beirut, Lebanon April 18, 1983
- Waco/Branch Davidian fiasco April 18, 1993
- Columbine school shooting April 20, 1999
- Oklahoma City bombing April 19, 1995
- Virginia Tech shooting April 16, 2007
- Boston marathon bombing April 15, 2013
- Brussels terror attacks March 22, 2016
Update: Days of Aggression March 20 – April 20, 2017:
- March 20 – ISIS attack in Baghdad 23 killed 40 injured
- March 21 – car bombing Helmand Afghanistan 7 killed
- March 22 – Westminster London car ramming attack 4 killed 29 injured
- March 22 – North Korea missile test fails, tensions with US simmer
- March 23 – Sinai ISIS bombing kills 10 Egyptian security personell
- March 24 – Chechnya Russia jihad attack 6 killed
- March 29 – Ukraine, ISIS truck ramming attack 17 killed 60 injured
- April 3 – St Petersburg Russia ISIS bombing 15 killed 64 injured
- April 7 – Stockholm Sweden truck ramming attack 4 killed 15 injured
- April 10 – United Airlines drags passenger off plane causing serious injury
- April 13 – United States drops Mother of all Bombs on iSIS in Afghanistan
- April 14 – Jerusalem stabbing attack 1 killed
- April 20- Paris shooting 1 killed 2 wounded