Trump elaborated on his trip to Israel, saying, “I went to Jerusalem and there I reaffirmed the unbreakable alliance between the United States and Israel. I visited Bethlehem, a city so precious to many, and met with Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas. He promised me that he wanted to make peace with Israel.” more …
Opinion: The devil (pun intended) is in the details.
- Does Netanyahu want peace bad enough to hand the Temple Mount over to the PA?
- Does Netanyahu want peace bad enough to evacuate 800,000 residents from Judea?
- Does Netanyahu want peace bad enough to give up the Golan Heights?
- Does Netanyahu want peace bad enough to allow the right of return of 5 million Arabs?
I am pretty amazed at the pro-Israel voices over the weekend with positive remarks about the president addressing 50 Arab leaders and telling them to “Drive Them (terrorists) Out”.
I wonder if any one of those Arab leaders would have listened to the president without two assurances:
- Prime Minister Netanyahu would not to be with the president at the Western Wall
- President Trump would not move the US embassy to Jerusalem
At the end of the day, Israel will be blamed when this new deal falls apart.