Debkafile: The electricity cutback in the Gaza Strip, engineered by Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas to flex muscle against Hamas rule, was just one piece on the checkerboard created by the crackdown Egypt, Saudi Arabia Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates have imposed on Qatar for supporting terrorist groups like the Palestinian extremist Hamas.
From 2015, the emir of Qatar remained the only Arab ruler backing the Palestinian extremist Hamas with occasional cash donations to Gaza City and permission for its top officials to set up shop in Doha.
This flow of aid was abruptly cut off by the land, sea and air blockade Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Bahrain and Egypt clamped down on Qatar last week over its support for terrorist groups and ties with Tehran. Sheikh Tamim bin-Hamad Al-Khalifa defied the ultimatum they presented him, and so Qatar’s banks and international assets have been losing dollars, its currency has plummeted and there is no money to spare for the Gaza Strip.
The small Gulf island, which is the world’s largest supplier of natural gas, has been told by the four leading Arab governments to expel Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas officials from its soil, after years of providing them with hospitality plus pensions generous enough for them to live a life of ease and plenty, while also running their terrorist networks across the region and beyond. more …
Opinion: May 21, 2017 President Trump’s speech in Saudi Arabia:
“Drive them out. Drive them out of your places of worship. Drive them out of your communities. Drive them out of your holy land and drive them out of this earth”.
- How interesting that President Trump is going after the nations that support the Muslim Brotherhood.
- How interesting that as president Barack Obama invited the Muslim Brotherhood to his June 2009 Cairo speech.
- And how interesting that once the Brotherhood got the presidency of Egypt the nation was in chaos.
Under Obama/Clinton/Kerry, relations with Egypt cratered after Egypt’s General al-Sisi staged a coup and arrested over 500 Brotherhood leaders.
Under Trump, the Muslim Brotherhood including US front groups CAIR, MSA and Hamas are being targeted for what they are: terror organizations.
On a secular level it is brilliant; cut off the head of the snake and it eventually dies.
On an economic level it is sound: cut off all funding and starve the beast to death.
On a Biblical level:
- The only prophecy about Arab/Israeli peace is clear that it will last only 3.5 years (Daniel 9:27).
- There is no superpower resembling the United States in a position of authority in the final wars of this age (Ezekiel 38:13)
- There is no peace on earth until Jesus Christ returns (Isaiah 63:1-3; Revelation 19:13-16