JPost: NEW YORK- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said that the five-decades-long Israeli occupation has imposed a “heavy humanitarian and development burden on the Palestinian people” and “fueled recurring cycles of violence and retribution.”
The UN chief expressed his concerns regarding the prospects for regional peace in the Middle East in a statement released Monday, as Israel marks 50 years since it won the Six Day War in which it reunited Jerusalem.
According to Guterres, the perpetuation of the occupation is also sending “an unmistakable message to generations of Palestinians that their dream of statehood is destined to remain just that, a dream; and to Israelis that their desire for peace, security and regional recognition remains unattainable.” more …
Opinion: Evidently the UN chief needs to brush up on history. The dream of statehood was realized 95 years ago as Britain carved out 78% of the land granted for a Jewish state in the 1917 Balfour Declaration and handed it to Arab peoples caught in the area after the war.
Excerpt, Blood Feud, chapter 10:
Satan’s Magnum Opus
“So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.” Rev. 12:9
- 1917: Britain signed the Balfour Letter that committed Britain to establish a national home for the Jewish people.
- 1919: World War I ends – the Ottoman Empire, who sided with Germany in the war, collapses.
- 1922: The League of Nations awards Britain mandates over Palestine and Iraq. Britain awards the entire land of Palestine, both sides of the Jordan River to the Jewish people.
- Britain bowed to pressure from the displaced Arab peoples and cut out 32,460 sq. miles or 78% of the original land grant to establish a home for the Arab peoples (two state solution)
- The sun began to set on the British Empire in accordance with Genesis 12:3:
“I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
Two States for Two Peoples – Side by Side
(For more on the Israeli victory in the 6 day war see our post from May 24 “The Six Day War – Salvation and Miracle” here)