The Times of Israel: The United Nations Educational, Scientific, Cultural Organization (UNESCO) passed an anti-Israel resolution for the second time in less than a week on Friday, voting in a stormy session to have the Tomb of the Patriarchs, in the Old City of Hebron in the West Bank, inscribed as a Palestinian world heritage site in danger.
The membership of this year’s Heritage committee includes five countries with which Israel does not have diplomatic ties, and a number of others that routinely support pro-Palestinian resolutions. The 21 member states are Angola, Azerbaijan, Burkina Faso, Croatia, Cuba, Finland, Indonesia, Jamaica, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, South Korea, Tunisia, Turkey, Tanzania, Vietnam and Zimbabwe.
Israel’s Ambassador to the United Nations Danny Danon slammed the decision. more …
Opinion: Hebron is the burial place of Abraham, Sarah, Isaac, Rebekah, Jacob and Leah, which now, according to the UN, has no connection to Judaism.
Both Judaism and Islam claim Abraham as their patriarch. The part that is difficult to understand is why Muslims would want any connection to Jacob?
According to Islamic teaching:
- The Bible was distorted by Jews and is full of errors
- Abraham has 8 sons, not 12, and two were raised in Mecca not Hebron
- It was Ishmael, not Isaac, whom Abraham was about to sacrifice on Mount Moriah when an angel stopped him
- The Abrahamic covenant, with all its promises – including the title deed to the land of Israel – was passed down to the Arabs through Ishmael, rather than to the Jews through Isaac
- Jacob, the father of modern day Judaism is to be killed (Genesis 27:41)
To Muslims, Ishmael was the promised son. Since that was proclaimed 1300 years ago by Muhammad, the father of Islam, there is zero chance that there will be a change.
While the world goes its merry way, the conflict that will bring on the end of the age, is just below the surface.