Breitbart: Pope Francis met with the secretary general of the Muslim World League (MWL) in the Vatican Wednesday, a group that has been tied to Saudi financing of jihadist terrorism and the 9/11 attacks in 2001.
Dr. Muhammad bin Abdul Karim Al-Issa, who served for several years as Saudi minister of justice in Riyadh and is now secretary general of the MWL, expressed the appreciation of the Muslim world for the pope’s “fair positions” regarding “the false claims that link extremism and violence to Islam,” as well as for his insistence that extremism is not distinctive of Islam but is found among followers of all religions.
In 2004, Harper’s Magazine declared that the Muslim World League had been “long known to have funneled money to Al Qaeda” and is financed directly by the Saudi government. “MWL is an evangelical organization that was created to help spread Wahhabism, the Saudi brand of Islamic fundamentalism,” the article stated. more …
Opinion: There is no way that Francis could not have known that Wahhabism is one of the most violent forms of Islam. In July 2013, Wahhabism was identified by the European Parliament in Strasbourg as the main source of global terrorism.
Wahhabism, founded by Mohammed Ibn Abd al-Wahhab (1703-92), stresses the absolute sovereignty of Allah and rejects any reliance on the intercession of Mohammed.
Wahhabism has been variously described as “ultraconservative”, “austere”, “fundamentalist”, or “puritanical”; as an Islamic “reform movement” to restore “pure monotheistic worship” by devotees; and as a “deviant sectarian movement”, “vile sect” and a distortion of Islam by its opponents.
- Blasphemy against the Prophet Muhammad: Death – even if the accuser repents
- Blasphemy against Islam: Death
- Adultery: Stoning until death in case the adulterer was married and 100 lashes and exile if he or she were unmarried.
- Sodomy (homosexuality): Death for the person committing the act, as well as for the one receiving it.
- Theft: Cutting off the hand
- Drinking alcohol: 80 lashes
- Slandering: 80 lashes
- Spying for the unbelievers: Death
- Apostasy: Death
- Murder and stealing: Death and crucifixion (Murder only: Death, Stealing as part of banditry: Cutting off the right hand and the left leg, Terrorizing people: Exile)