Bin: In honor of the 70th anniversary of the 1947 United Nations resolution leading to the establishment of the State of Israel, Vice President Mike Pence will preside over a reenactment and celebration on Tuesday as the UN itself sponsors anti-Israel and pro-Palestinian events for the occasion.
The historic November 29, 1947 General Assembly Resolution 181 (II), also known as the Partition Plan, proposed to divide Mandate Palestine into two states. Though it was rejected by Arab leadership and preceded a violent war between the embryo Jewish State and its neighboring enemies, it was considered a major success by Jewish leadership and eventually set the stage for Israel declaring its independence and establishing an autonomous state.
In celebration of the momentous 70th anniversary, the Israeli delegation to the UN organized a reenactment of the historic vote in the very hall where it was held, now part of the Queens Museum in New York. more …
Opinion: I have written about this so many times I feel like I was there. The partition plan offered a state to both Jacob and Esau. Esau’s state would be inside the promised land, reversing his trading to his brother for a bowl of soup. Jacob would have to be willing to accept 78% of the original land grant, while Esau got everything he wanted.
Excerpts: Antichrist: The Search for Amalek
1. The UN proposed a further reduction of land for Israel to 5,560 square miles, or 13 percent of the original land grant. Seventy-five percent of Israel’s allotted land was desert.
2. Israel was pushed to land on the West Bank of the Jordan River.
3. Israel’s land mass became 5,560 square miles; Arab land mass equaled 6,700,000 square miles.
Jacob accepted – Esau refused.
1. The British Mandate terminated in mid-May.
2. Prior to Israel’s statehood announcement, approximately 700,000 of 900,000 Arab refugees were warned of a pending war. The Arabs were advised to flee the area, for
they might be mistaken for Israelis.
3. Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Said declared, “We will smash the country with our guns and obliterate every place the Jews seek shelter in. The Arabs should conduct their wives and
children to safe areas until the fighting has died down.”
4. Israel was born on May 14, 1948, and was attacked on the same day by Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, and Syria. After the war, Egypt controlled the Gaza Strip and its more than 200,000 inhabitants but refused to allow the Palestinians into Egypt.
Here is what is incredible: The lie called a two-state solution continues.
(see Biblical significance of the #70 here)