AP News: Acknowledging his push to broker peace in the Middle East has stalled, President Donald Trump on Tuesday appeared to threaten to cut off U.S. aid money to the Palestinian Authority, saying they were no longer willing to negotiate.
Trump, in a pair of tweets, said the U.S. pays “the Palestinians HUNDRED OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS a year and get no appreciation or respect. They don’t even want to negotiate a long overdue … peace treaty with Israel.”
“We have taken Jerusalem, the toughest part of the negotiation, off the table, but Israel, for that, would have had to pay more. But with the Palestinians no longer willing to talk peace, why should we make any of these massive future payments to them?” he wrote. more …
Opinion: Hip Hip … Hooray! or as my millennial sons would say, that’s awesome.
Our last president was all to happy to bestow Mahmoud Abbas and his henchmen $500 million US tax payer dollars per year. Obama not only never threatened to cut funding but tried to send Abbas $221 million on his way out of office.
Business Insider (here) January 26, 2016: “On Tuesday (Jan. 23) the state department under President Donald Trump announced it would review one of Barack Obama’s final acts as US president — the release of $221 million to the Palestinian Authority.
The move was blocked by Trump after just a few days in office and the Obamamedia dutifully kept the story quiet.
A thought occurred to me, could the move against Abbas and the Iranian protests be part of a peace deal?
- What if US CIA is behind the Iranian protests?
- What if the protests were timed to begin after Trump’s Jerusalem announcement?
- What if the Israeli’s and Saudi’s are involved?
- What if the Iranian theocracy really does collapse?
- What if Mohamed Bin Salman actually can bring the Gulf States to the table?
- What if Mahmoud Abbas is so defeated he is no longer a factor?
- What if this was the Trump ultimate peace deal all along?
Israel’s 70th anniversary is just 4 months away.
Nah, it’s just my over active imagination …