Guardian: Bannon, speaking to author Michael Wolff, warned that the investigation into alleged collusion with the Kremlin will focus on money laundering and predicted: “They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV.”
Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, reportedly based on more than 200 interviews with the president, his inner circle and players in and around the administration, is one of the most eagerly awaited political books of the year.
In it, Wolff lifts the lid on a White House lurching from crisis to crisis amid internecine warfare, with even some of Trump’s closest allies expressing contempt for him.
Opinion: Who is Michael Wolff?
- Wolff, who lives in New York and has known Trump for years, talked to nearly everyone, resulting in what the publisher calls “searing, intimate portraits” of Steve Bannon, Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump, Reince Priebus, Sean Spicer, Kellyanne Conway, Gary Cohn, Stephen Miller, Dina Powell, Hope Hicks and more.
- Wolff — the author of six prior books, including the bestselling “Burn Rate” and “The Man Who Owns the News,” a Rupert Murdoch biography — said the minute Trump threatened “fire and fury” on North Korea, he knew that was the title.
Here is the part I don’t get: August 18, 2017 as Bannon leaves the White House he says this:
“If there’s any confusion out there, let me clear it up: I’m leaving the White House and going to war for Trump against his opponents — on Capitol Hill, in the media, and in corporate America.”
And just yesterday Bannon said this:
“The President of the United States is a great man. You know I support him day in and day out, whether going through the country giving the Trump Miracle speech or on the show or on the website, so I don’t you have to worry about that.”
Whatever happened between August 17 and January 3 appears to be centered on Donald Trump, Jr. But one thing is for sure, the president’s enemies are locked and loaded to invoke the 25th Amendment to the Constitution:
Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.
Let that sink in — one vice president and any eight Cabinet officers can, theoretically, decide to knock the president out of power at any time.
Here is the part I do get: Matthew 24:37-39 tells is that right up to the rapture of the church, things on earth will be rather normal:
“But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.”
But after that, not so much:
There are 4 power blocs in Scripture that dominate the world in prophecy in the last days. There is no bloc resembling the United States of America.
Battle of Armageddon begins – Four Power Blocs:
- King of the North: re-formed Syria, Iraq, Russia, Iran, Turkey (Ezek. 38:1-6)
- King of the South: Egypt, North Africa, (Dan. 11:36-39, 11:40)
- Western Alliance, Beast Army of Antichrist – revived Roman Empire (Psalm 2:1-4, Rev.16:14, 19:19)
- Kings of the East – China South East Asia (Rev. 16:12)
As the great Apostle Paul said: Comfort one another with these words (1 Thess. 4:16-18).