JNS: Pope Francis continued his week of anti-gun comments on Sunday by saying that those who manufacture, sell or own firearms are “hypocrites,” and not Christians.The head of the Catholic Church said when people claim to follow the teachings of Christ but also support gun ownership, it “leads to a bit of distrust.” Francis’s criticism wasn’t limited to just owners, however, as also called out those who support citizens’ rights to bear arms, adding:”Duplicity is the currency of today… they say one thing and do another.”
Speaking about the written words in the US Constitution that give people the right to own guns, Francis, real name Jorge Mario Bergoglio, said citizens should listen to the word of God.
These latest comments follow the pope’s recent statement in which he called for all guns to be banned, except for those used by United Nations troops. The Pontiff asserted a globalist message of banning firearms in order for humanity to enter into a “new world unity.”
Opinion: While the pope finally mentioned the word of God, he neglected to reference any Scripture to support his position. None of this is surprising of this pope, but his call for ‘new world unity’ should raise the hairs on the back of one’s neck for at least three reasons:
- Is Francis unconcerned that reports of sexual abuse/pedophilia by UN troops has been going on for years?:
- Irish Times, April 29, 2005, UN confirms sex abuse by peacekeepers in Liberia (here)
- The New American, Sept. 8, 2011: “UN Troops Accused of Sex Crimes Worldwide” (here)
- The New American April 14, 2017: Thousands of Sex Abuse Claims Against UN “Peace” Troops (here)
2. Revelation 13:11-12 calls for a powerful member of clergy ( two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon) to be second in command to Antichrist (he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence).
3. Francis’ globalist idea of ‘new world unity’ is right out of Daniel 7:23; Revelation 13:16-17.
Pope Francis, it’s in there.