Arutz Sheva: “As US-brokered talks between Israel and the Palestinian Authority (PA) continue, amid pressure for further territorial concessions by Israel, a senior Palestinian Authority official has told Syrian TV that any agreement will simply be the “first stage” in eradicating Israel altogether.
Earlier this year (July 2013), in a speech attended by Mahmoud Abbas, the PA’s Religious Affairs Minister explained that any treaties with Israel should be viewed as another ‘Treaty of Hudaybiyyah’ – a reference to a “temporary” deal signed by Islam’s founder Muhammad, which was promptly broken as soon as the Muslim armies were strong enough to achieve victory.”
Opinion: That the current peace talks are based on the Hudaybiyyah Treaty only gives further evidence of an all out Arab/Israeli war. But as for Israel’s demise, Obadiah 1:18 tells us that the house of Jacob (Israel) will endure damage, but the house of Esau (Palestinians) will be destroyed.
The Treaty of Hudaybiyyah (March 628 AD) was a pivotal treaty between Mohammed, representing the state of Medina, and the Quraish tribe of Mecca. Mohammed never intended to keep the treaty and had his deputy sign on his behalf. Less than two years after making the treaty with the people of Mecca, Mohammed returned with an army, slaughtered the tribe and took the city by surprise.
If the deal is signed, here is what to expect from the Hudaybiyah Treaty model:
- Palestinians will utilize the agreement to their benefit, i.e. prisoner release/land for peace.
- Someone other than Abbas’ will sign it (possibly chief negotiator Saeb Erekat).
- Palestinian side will violate every clause that does not suit their goal of the destruction of the Jewish state.
- War to eradicate Israel as a Jewish state will fail.
- Palestinian side destroyed.