JOL: At a press conference on Tuesday, Chinese ambassador to the UN Liu Jieyi called on the international community to support a new peace initiative put forward by Chinese President Jiang Jinping aimed at resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and establishing an independent Palestinian state.
The peace program has four main principles, which, according to the Chinese president, constitute the basis for an agreed solution between Israelis and Palestinians. more …
Opinion: Here are the (not) NEW principles, but I count 5:
- Advancing a two-state solution with East Jerusalem as the Palestinian capital
- Preserving “the concept of common, comprehensive, cooperative and sustainable security”
- Immediately halting any further construction in the settlements
- Coordinated international efforts to implement “peace-promoting measures”
- Encouraging the joint participation of both Israelis and Palestinians; promoting initiatives for development and cooperation between the two sides.
“Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure (Psalm 2:1-5 KJV)
Vex: annoy, irritate, anger, infuriate, exasperate, irk, gall, pique, put out, antagonize, nettle, get on someone’s nerves, ruffle someone’s feathers, rattle someone’s cage, make someone’s hackles rise, rub the wrong way.
When the kings of the earth make fools of themselves, they get what they deserve.