The Times of Israel: A phone call Wednesday between Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and US President Donald Trump grew tense over Israeli objections to US plans to leave Syria, US administration officials said Wednesday, adding that Trump wants to pull out all troops within six months to the dismay of the country’s main security agencies and allies.
A short statement from the White House early Wednesday said Netanyahu and Trump had discussed “recent developments in the Middle East” during their phone conversation, without clarifying what developments were addressed or what was said.
But two US officials told The Associated Press on Wednesday the talks grew tense because of Israeli concerns that the United States will withdraw from Syria in the near future and allow its enemies — primarily Iran — to gain a further foothold in a neighboring country through its various proxies. more …
Opinion: The road to Gog and Magog is getting clearly marked.
Russia, Iran and Turkey, the three principal armies in the prophesied war will be clearly in charge in Syria. Two of the three are vociferous enemies of the Jewish state while Russia is a stealth enemy.
Russia’s economy is dependent on oil and gas sales to Europe and Israel’s vast gas reserves are about to become a clear competitor.
Donald Trump’s move out of the Middle East is not only reminiscent of Barack Obama pulling out of Iraq, it is an extension of that policy that Trump severely criticized.
It almost feels like the US is the one being pulled out of Syria ‘with the hooks in the jaw’ that will eventually pull Russia in (Ezekiel 38:4) to war.
What we need to watch now, however, is what Ezekiel says will happen first:
- Ez. 38:8 NIV: Israel will be invaded after recovering from war and living safely in the land
- Ez. 38:10 NIV: Israel will be a land of unwalled villages living without walls and without gates and bars
- Ez. 38:13: Israel will have vast wealth that will threaten Russia’s energy dominance in the world
Because we know what will happen next, God will use the war in miraculous ways:
- Ezekiel 38:23 To magnify Himself to the nations, that they will know the Lord
- Ezekiel 39:7 To make His name known ‘in the midst’ of His people’ Israel
- Ezekiel 39:11 To bury Gog and his attackers in the land of Israel and cleanse the land
- Ezekiel 39:21 To set His glory among the nations so that all will see His judgment on His people
- Ezekiel 39:22 So the house of Israel shall know the Lord their God from that day forward
- Ezekiel 39:28 So Israel will know that the Lord their God sent them into captivity but brought them back from the land leaving none behind as the tribulation begins
(excerpt from our ebook Blood Feud chapter 7 here)