Zero Hedge: Syria will adopt a new rule of engagement with Israel now that Russia has taken a tougher and clearer stance on the conflict between Israel and the “Axis of the Resistance”. Henceforth, Damascus will be responding to any Israeli strike.
If it damages a specific military target it will reply with a strike against a similar objective in Israel. Decision makers in Damascus said, “Syria will not hesitate to hit an Israeli airport if Damascus airport is targeted and hit by Israel. This will be with the consent of the Russian military based in the Levant.”
Opinion: There are three prophesies in view:
- The downing of a Russian aircraft with 15 Russian soldiers aboard on September 18 is looking more and more like a permanent break in Russian/Israeli relations. Putin now has an excuse to attack Israel to control natural gas reserves before the Jewish state becomes a major competitor in the EU.
Ezekiel 38-39 is the prophesied war of Gog and Magog, a Russian led invasion to take Israel’s wealth.
2. Isaiah 17:1,14 calls for the total destruction of Damascus the world’s oldest inhabited city:
“Behold, Damascus will cease from being a city,
And it will be a ruinous heap”
And it will happen in one night:
“Then behold, at eventide, trouble!
And before the morning, he is no more.
This is the portion of those who plunder us,
And the lot of those who rob us”
3. Psalm 83: In Bible prophecy 101 chapter 10 “Unfulfilled Prophecy” we place the Damascus prophecy as the catalyst of the Psalm 83 invasion. The theory is based on the fact that all of the major Muslim sects are in Damascus:
- 60% of Syria’s 1.7 million population is Sunni including 500,000 Palestinian refugees
- 11% of Syria’s Muslims are Shia
- 7% are Kurds
- Alawite 10%
- Christians, Yazadis and a few Jews make up the rest
Imagine the outrage in the Arab world when Damascus goes.
“Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation, That the name of Israel may be remembered no more” (Psalm 83:4)