Zero Hedge: Mike Novogratz, a former Goldman Sachs partner and founder of crypto merchant bank Galaxy Digital, has argued that Bitcoin (BTC) occupies a unique place in the cryptocurrency landscape. Novogratz made his remarks during an interview with Bloomberg TV on Feb. 13.
Reflecting on the proliferation of crypto assets, many of which have attempted to vie with Bitcoin (BTC)’s function as store of value, Novogratz argued that:
“There’s 118 elements on the periodic table, and only one gold […] Bitcoin is going to be digital gold, a place where you have sovereign money, it’s not U.S. money, it’s not Chinese money, it’s sovereign. Sovereignty costs a lot, it should.”
Opinion: I think he is right about digital money, but think it more likely that central bankers will not like having zero control over the monetary system and will, as they have already said, develop their own.
Since 2014, discussions of a publicly accessible digital payment vehicle issued by a central bank have matured significantly. Central bank digital currencies (CBDCs) have been the center of many high-level discussions, notably at the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) and the International Monetary Fund(IMF). source
JP Morgan chief Jamie Diamon who once called Bitcoin a fraud, announced today that JPM has become the first bank with its own ‘stablecoin’.
We know from Bible prophecy that someday a future authoritarian government will have control of every transaction on the planet.
“He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.” Revelation 13:16-17
If we work backwards from what the prophecy tells us, a few things have to happen first. Possible order of events:
- The church is raptured (Revelation 3:10; 1 Thess. 4:16-17)
- The US and European Union economies crash and a 10 nation confederacy is formed (Daniel 7:24)
- A new world leader has answers for a shaken world Revelation 6:1-2
- Regional wars become common Revelation 6:3-4
- The global economy crashes Revelation 6:5-6
- Cash or paper money is outlawed
- Central banks will have their own currencies
(Merger between the two largest central banks (Federal Reserve and European Central Bank – ECB) would force other mergers leaving only 2-3 currencies)
- Rise of Antichrist Revelation 13:1-2
- Rise of the False Prophet Revelation 13:11-12
- Bingo – 1 currency and under global government control Revelation 13:16-17
(see Bible prophecy 101 chapter 10 for “Unfulfilled Prophecy” here