Breitbart: An outline of the “Green New Deal” shows progressive Democrats hope to expand high-speed rail transportation across the United States to “a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary.”
The proposal — championed by freshman congresswoman Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) and Sen. Ed Markey (D-MA) — calls for the federal government to tackle “climate change” and “systemic injustice” by eliminating “pollution and greenhouse gas emissions” to meet “100 percent of the power demand” through “clean, renewable, and zero-emission energy sources.”
“Every project strives to remove greenhouse gas emissions and pollution from every sector of our economy” by “massively expanding electric vehicle manufacturing, build charging stations everywhere, build out high speed rail at a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary,” the outline reads. more …
Opinion: I have to give Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez credit. No, I have not crossed over to the dark side and have not lost my mind. Instead of constant threats of what could happen because of global warming, AOC has finally cleared up what it is the progressive left wants to do about what they claim is the biggest danger to humanity.
Here is the CliffsNotes version of their globalist utopian dream:
- The full elimination of combustible engine motor vehicles that operate on fossil fuels including cars, trucks, boats, and planes
- All parking lots to have electric vehicle charging stations
- The almost complete elimination of air travel
- Invest billions in building the infrastructure necessary to blanket the country in high speed rail
- Eliminate the consumption of meat altogether and press for the full extinction of methane-flatulence producing livestock
- Plant trees everywhere
- The full elimination of nuclear power
- Retrofit or rebuild literally every building (150 million structures) in America to specific energy efficiency standards, requiring a complete overhaul of their heating and cooling systems. If that cannot be done, knock it down and start over.
For years we heard Al Gore and his acolytes telling us what would happen if we (not them) don’t change to a 17th century lifestyle. By now Miami was supposed to be underwater, the polar ice caps ice-less, and massive out of control storms killing millions each year.
It is, however, no laughing matter because the only Person holding back evil will one day be taken up with the church He indwells, 2 Thess. 2:7.
When that happens, draconian climate laws will be useful for the final dictator, as all hell breaks loose, Matthew 24:21.