Jewish Press: Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn on Saturday cheered on hundreds of anti-Israel activists who participated in a National Demonstration for Palestine in London. According to Ynet, Ahed Tamimi, 18, the girl who in 2017 slapped and beat an IDF officer to become the “symbol of resistance” was spotted in the crowd.
According to protest leaders, they condemned “unprecedented attacks by Israel on the Palestinian people under an alliance with US President Donald Trump,” as well as the fact that Israel “continues to build illegally in the settlements in violation of international law.”
Corbyn posted on his Facebook page that “the Labour Party is united in condemning the ongoing human rights abuses by Israeli forces, including the shooting of hundreds of unarmed Palestinian demonstrators in Gaza – most of them refugees or families of refugees – demanding their rights.” more …
Opinion: The once great British Empire has learned nothing from history. In 1913, just prior to World War I, the British Empire held power over 412 million people, 23% of the world.
World War I began in 1914. The Ottoman Empire sided with Germany, and by 1917, with the allies nearing victory, the process of assigning the Ottoman lands to the allies began.
1917: Britain signed the Balfour Declaration that committed Britain to establish a national home for the Jewish people in the area of Palestine on both sides of the Jordan River.
1919: World War I had ended, the Ottoman Empire collapsed and a series of bad decisions began. British leaders became overwhelmed by the Arab leaders’ demands and started giving back land. The sun never set slogan was about to be undone:
- League of Nations awarded Britain mandates over Transjordan, Palestine, and Iraq.
- League of Nations awarded France mandates over Syria and Lebanon.
- Britain awarded the entire land of Palestine to Israel with no territorial restrictions.
- Israel was granted both sides of the Jordan River, totaling 43,075 square miles. A few months later, Britain, under pressure, altered the Balfour Declaration and took back 32,460 square miles, or 78 percent of the original land grant.
- That land was then given to establish Transjordan, the original two state solution, leaving Israel approximately 9,500 square miles.
- The UN proposed a further reduction of land for Israel to 5,560 square miles, or 13 percent of the original land grant. Seventy-five percent of Israel’s allotted land was desert.
- Israel’s land ended on the east bank of the Jordan River.
- Israel’s land mass became 5,560 square miles; Arab land mass equaled 6,700,000 square miles.
And here is the part that has somehow escaped the memory of Jeremy Corbyn and every anti-Semite on the planet:
The United Nations Partition Plan of 1947 would have created another Arab state inside Israel. The Jewish side accepted and the Arab side rejected and chose war instead.
Since then the Arabs could have had a state on multiple occasions right up to 2014 when Barack Obama sent John Kerry to make a peace deal. The Arabs knew Obama was on their side and pushed until the deal fell apart, with Kerry declaring Israel an apartheid state.
Global amnesia continues …