Jewish Press: Hamas can’t entertain the idea of real peace for ideological reasons. It would mean openly acknowledging that the dream of Palestine “from the river to the sea” is no longer attainable, and in so doing, it would lose its legitimacy in favor of the Palestinian Authority (PA), which is recognized by the international community.
Peacemaking would also mean the end of Iranian military aid and Turkish and Qatari support.
Hamas would be threatened by the same marginalization that doomed once-strong Palestinian factions like the Popular and Democratic Fronts for the Liberation of Palestine. To court oblivion for the sake of the Jews is, to say the least, unpalatable. more …
Opinion: The more that peace is thought to be impossible, the more the man who finally brings it will be adored, Revelation 13:4.
The need for a peace deal is rooted in all three mono-theistic religions, and all three point to a time of tremendous turmoil in the last days.
- Jewish eschatology deals primarily and principally with the final destiny of the Jewish nation and the world in general, and only secondarily with the future of the individual
- Christian eschatology deals with three wars leading to the return of Jesus Christ followed by 1000 years of peace
- Islamic eschatology brings the 12th Imam of ‘Mahdi’ who has been in hiding only to return at a time of great turmoil to bring a global Islam caliphate to the world
All three see a time of distress but only two of the three are taught with great fervor to its followers. Religious Jews have been longing for the Messiah for 4000 years. Islam believes the 12th Imam is already on earth and waiting in the wings. Most Christian (Amillennial) denominations have relegated end times prophecy as the kook fringe of the church, and avoid the topic entirely.
Daniel 9:27 packs a lot of eschatology into a few lines:
“Then he (Antichrist) shall confirm a covenant with many for one week ( Hebrew 7 years); But in the middle of the week (3.5 years)
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering (a temple will have been built for sacrifice)…” Daniel 9:27.
Possible Scenario: Note the first two bullet points below may be interchangeable. Keep in mind is that the church will need to be removed (1 Thess. 4:16-17) before the last 7 years of the law (Daniel’s 70th week- tribulation), when animal sacrifice is re-instituted. The Church is of the dispensation of Grace not law. (See Daniel’s 70 Weeks here)
- The Psalm 83 war ends and Israel’s vast wealth expands with new energy finds (Genesis 49:50) and the signing of natural gas contracts with Europe
- Rapture of the Church and Bema Seat Judgment (1 Thess. 4:15-18; 2 Cor. 5:10)
- Russia is enraged as the state owned giant oil and gas company Gazprom teeters on insolvency
- Russia enlists the support of the last two Muslim armies that still have viable armies after Psalm 83, for a final assault on the Jewish state (Ezekiel 38:1-6)
- Turkey brings its Islamic North African allies to attack from the south
- The Gog Magog war is on (Ezekiel 38:8-12)
- Divine intervention ends the war (Ezekiel 38:18-21)
- Israel’s blindness is removed (Romans 11:25)
- House of David returns to the land (Ezekiel 39:28) to build the temple and re-institute animal sacrifice
- A world leader emerges with a plan that will bring Israel’s surrounding neighbors to confirm a 7 year peace deal (Daniel 9:27) and allow for a temple and animal sacrifice
- The world is astounded by the plan and worships the beast (Revelation 13:4, 11-12)
- The 7 year tribulation begins
See more on 7 dispensations here
See more on Daniel’s 70th week here