JPost: Natural gas exports from Israel to neighbors Egypt and Jordan could commence before the end of the year, Delek Drilling CEO Yossi Abu said on Wednesday.
“Our objective was to flow gas to the Israeli market [from the Leviathan gas field] by the end of 2019, and we are even ahead of our original December target,” Abu said at a pre-election conference hosted by The Jerusalem Post and Maariv.
Opinion: “This is the most significant milestone for the Israeli gas market since the discoveries,” Delek CEO Yossi Abu said in a statement. “The Leviathan reservoir is becoming the Mediterranean Basin’s primary energy anchor, with customers in Israel, Egypt and Jordan.”
But Egypt and Jordan are just the beginning. In 2025, the Eastmed pipeline will be completed giving Israel a shot at Russia’s biggest energy customer, Europe. And Israel’s vast wealth, or plunder (Ez. 38:13), is the motivation given for the Gog Magog war. The sale of natural gas is a logical catalyst.
The EastMed pipeline will ship natural gas from the Levantine Basin near Israel and Cyprus to Greece and Italy by 2025.
- Israel: has the largest natural gas reserve
- Cyprus: second largest natural gas reserve
- European Union: will rid itself of a Russian stranglehold on natural gas purchases
- Russia: main supplier of natural gas to the European Union
- Turkey: because of ongoing disputes from the 2010 Turkish flotilla (Mavi Marmara) incident and patronage of Hamas, relations with Israel continue to deteriorate
Hooks in the jaw:
With economies of Russia and Turkey threatened, Ezekiel 38:3 says that Gog and his alliance will have no choice but to attack Israel.