Israel Hayom: Israel launched a broad wave of precision airstrikes early on Wednesday morning, hitting dozens of Iranian and Syrian military targets, and sending a very strong message that Israel is rejecting Iran’s attempt to force new “rules of the game” against it.
Most of the Iranian military targets that were hit were situated within Syrian military bases, underlying the Iranian tactic of embedding and disguising its threatening presence within the Syrian Arab Army.
According to international media reports, 23 people, including 16 “foreigners” – an apparent reference to Iranian operatives – were killed in the strikes. more …
Opinion: It is written:
“Behold, Damascus will cease from being a city,
And it will be a ruinous heap.” Isaiah 17:1
Damascus is the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world – population 1.7 million. The city was partially destroyed in 732 BC, leaving Isaiah’s prophecy still unfulfilled.
“Then behold, at eventide, trouble!
And before the morning, he is no more.
This is the portion of those who plunder us,
And the lot of those who rob us.” Isaiah 1:14
While Isaiah left no clues as to the timing of the fulfillment, in Bible Prophecy 101 we placed the destruction of Damascus as the spark that brings 7 Arab nations together and a tumult as prophesied in Isaiah 17:2-3:
“For behold, Your enemies make a tumult;
And those who hate You have lifted up their head.
3 They have taken crafty counsel against Your people,
And consulted together against Your sheltered ones.”
Isaiah 17:4 gives us the battle cry that feels like it came from the headline of this post:
“Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation,
That the name of Israel may be remembered no more.”
What is especially compelling is that Psalm 83 is a proxy war made up of smaller militias while the sponsors Russia, Iran and Turkey watch from the sidelines.
Psalm 83 militias:
- The tents of Edom – (Edom is Esau Gen 36:1) Edom today is represented by the Palestinians of the West Bank.
- Moab and Ammon – Palestinians of central and northern Jordan also called the children of Lot (Gen. 19:30-38)
- The Ishmaelites – Ishmael settled in the Arabian Peninsula or modern-day Saudi Arabia
- The Hagrites – Hagar, mother of Ishmael, was from Egypt
- Amalek – Eternal enemy of the Israelites (Ex. 17:16) Arabs of the Sinai (ISIS)
- Gebal – Northern Lebanon
- Philistia – Palestinians of Gaza (Hamas)
- The inhabitants of Tyre – Southern Lebanon (Hezbollah)
- Assyria – Syria and northern Iraq
Gog Magog Nations:
- Gog is a prince of (Rosh) Russia; a title of a strong leader.
- Magog is the 2nd son of Japheth (a son of Noah) who settled in what is today Russia
- Persia is modern day Iran.
- Cush (eldest son of Noah’s son Ham) is the area of Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia
- Put (Son of Ham) Libya, possibly Tunisia and Algeria
- Gomer, Beth Togarmah, Meshech, Tubal are ancient names for Turkey
- Many nations with you: possibly additional North African Islamic allies
Interesting that none of the Psalm 83 nations are in the Gog Magog alliance leaving strong possibility that they are not capable of lifting a finger.